So, if you followed me on Twitter at this time last year, then you’re already familiar with this whole process. I wanted to do it again this year, but I’m unreliable, and I’ll probably miss a day. Plus, as I’ve acquired more black followers, I’m learning that this isn’t so uncommon. Instead of looking like a “biter”, as they say, I wanted to show that I can roll with the big dawgs! So, I thought I’d blow it out in one fell swoop. Plus, at the end, you’ll find a handy, dandy PDF that you can print out and remember the great contributions that Ne..African Americans have made to our society. There’s a different event for each day, so share it with your white friends, and put a copy up on your Kwanzaa mantle. Yes, we can!
IT’S BLACK HISTORY MONTH, Y’ALL!!!
1) Today In Black History: Arnold & Willis Jackson became the first poor black kids adopted by a rich white person
2) Today in Black History: Jimmie Walker left his lucrative career in demolitions to become a comedian.
3) Today in Black History, The Eastland School for Girls admitted Dorothy “Tootie” Ramsey as its first black student
4) Today in Black History, the Fresh King of Bel Air was assassinated. The throne remained empty until a long lost son was found in 1990.
5) Today in Black History, Kunta Kinte is accepted into the space program, and it only costs him his eyesight.
6) Today in Black History, the black girl became the Yellow Ranger, which was only slightly less offensive.
7) Today in Black History, boxer Cassius Clay was bitten by a radioactive Muslim, transforming him into Muhammad Ali
8) Today in Black History, the remains of the fabled “Caribbean Queen” were found in the trunk of Billy Ocean’s car.
9) Today in Black History, Devonté Henson became the first black person to scale the Aggro Crag.
10) Today in Black History, a young Tyler Perry put on his first dress. Years later, he would learn that he could be paid for it.
11) Today in Black History, scientists combined the DNA of Morris Day and a pony. The result was Prince.
12) Today in Black History, Mr. T pitied his first fool, which is still illegal in most states.
13) Today in Black History, Lt Uhura inspired a generation of black women to work for the phone company.
14) Today in Black History, DeBarge discovered a place where they could dance the whole night away. It was an abandoned T.J. Maxx
15) Today in Black History, the US Government cracked down on music piracy after Rerun snuck that tape recorder into the Doobie Bros concert
16) Today in Black History, the Negro Hockey League was founded. After everyone had a good laugh, the site was converted to a Popeyes.
17) Today in Black History, Magic Johnson opened the first movie theater chain where blacks were encouraged to yell at the screen
18) Today in Black History, George Washington Carver’s lazier brother, Jamal, invented crunchy peanut butter.
19) Today in Black History, Janet Jackson joined the cast of TV’s “Fame”. Critics declared this would be the lowest point for the Jackson family
20) Today in Black History, Dwayne Wayne discovered a parallel universe – a different world, where Marisa Tomei was the only white person.
21) Today in Black History, Frederick, MD was named for Frederick Douglass – known for his love of Walmart and the white women
22) Today in Black History, Aunt Jemima discovered Uncle Ben’s affair with Mrs Butterworth, thus splitting Black America’s first power couple
23) Today in Black History, Acorn Avenue -an all-black version of Sesame Street, debuted featuring NeGrover & Big Turkey. It would only air once
24) Today in Black History, 16 Soul Train dancers were killed in what has come to be known as “The Cabbage Patch Massacre of ‘91”
25) Today in Black History, Autobot Rosa Sparks gained attention when she refused to transform into the back of a bus. (Courtesy of @OAFE)
26) Today in Black History, Jesse Jackson formed the R&B group The Civil Rights. They were dropped from Motown before releasing a single.
27) Today in Black History, with Knight Rider & The A-Team, NBC became the first network to devote a night to shows starring black vehicles
28) Today in Black History, Republican scientists proclaimed “Shucky ducky!” as they successfully completed secret cloning experiment, Operation: Chocolate Cheney.
Be sure to celebrate responsibly, but let’s get it poppin’ like a Jackson Hewitt commercial! After all, it’s what our ancestors would’ve wanted.